Program participants’ selection should be based on character, interest in the community and the desire to shape ideas and attitudes in others. Participants may or may not be leaders currently, but their teachers and counselors believe they have a great potential to lead in the future.Meet the Class
The Youth Leadership Robins Region Program has six major goals:
- To provide the participants with a greater awareness of contemporary community issues through study of, and interaction with, key centers of community influence.
- To increase the participants’ awareness of the greater needs of the community, its opportunities, problems and resources.
- To strengthen the concept of teamwork in the analysis of problems, formulation of solutions and achievement of common goals.
- To enhance communications skills and cultivate decision-making abilities.
- To emphasize the importance of maintaining an ongoing stream of emerging community leadership so that we are better able to address future challenges and opportunities.
- To provide a vehicle through which the leadership potential of exceptional young people might be recognized by their peers and by existing leaders.