In 1992, the Robins Regional Chamber Small Business of the Year was established to honor the important role that small businesses play in the community and the economy. This annual recognition process is designed to recognize businesses that have demonstrated “Best Practices” of entrepreneurship, such as sound business planning, fiscal responsibility and work process innovation in operating their business.
A volunteer committee reviews and evaluates all submitted applications and select a finalists and an overall annual award recipient based on the following criteria:
- Staying power – A demonstrated solid business practice that promotes consumer confidence.
- Commitment to Local Economy – A commitment to the local/regional economy.
- Sustainability – Demonstration of increase in financial growth.
- Business Integrity – Demonstration of ethical business practices.
- Adaptation – An illustration of the creativity and imagination of the nominated business.
- Response to challenges – The ability to overcome challenges in which your business has been given.
- Community contribution – Company involvement/contributions in community service activities or civic organizations.
- Leadership – Community engagement through leadership.
The finalists for the 2015 Robins Regional Chamber Small Business of the Year sponsored by Middle Georgia CEO are:
- Automotive Paint & Equipment
- The Butcher Shop
- Gottwals Books
- McNeal Agency
- Spillers Orthodontics
- Xact Computer Services
“We are thrilled to have a strong group of finalists represent our membership for 2015, and one of these outstanding companies will be named the 2015 Robins Regional Chamber Small Business of the Year,” said Chamber CEO April Bragg. “We are especially pleased with the new finalist format and the opportunity it provides to showcase all of our finalists at the upcoming Pinnacle Awards. Each of these businesses is deserving of this recognition. The 2015 Small Business of the Year award recipient will truly be a representative from a group of winners.”
The Pinnacle Awards will be held on Thursday, January 28 at 6:00 p.m. at the Courtyard by Marriott in Warner Robins. This awards program was established to recognize the height of excellence in the organization and its members. The evening’s program consists of the Leadership Robins Region graduation ceremony and several annual awards including Small Business of the Year, Chamber Champion, Robins Regional Rockstar (formerly Employee of the Year), Government Service and Lifetime Achievement Awards. Click here for additional information or to register for the Pinnacle Awards visit.