The mission of the Robins Regional Chamber is to promote the business interest of members through advocacy, building partnerships and education. One of the many ways we accomplish this is through our Aerospace Industry Committee. The Aerospace Industry Committee (commonly referred to as AIC) is one of our largest and most active committees of the Chamber. The AIC works to advance and enhance aerospace and defense industry sector in the Robins Region and serves as a liaison between the Chamber and senior military and civilian management personnel of Robins Air Force Base and the United States Air Force. In 2009 the AIC established a scholarship fund. Each year scholarships are awarded to graduating seniors at Houston County high schools who plan to pursue higher education in a STEM-related discipline. To date, $41,100 in scholarship funds have been disbursed to 44 recipients. We know that a strong workforce is a critical component to the economic vitality of the region, Robins Air Force Base and our great state, and we sincerely hope this financial assistance will provide this year’s recipients with some additional support to be competitive in today’s global workforce.
2019 AIC SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
- Mr. Dontavious Jones, Warner Robins High – plans to attend Mercer and major in Biology and then enroll in Med School.
- Ms. Jordan Shealey, Northside High – plans to attend Lenoir-Rhyne University and study information technology
- Mr. William Starley, Veterans High – plans to attend Piedmonth College and major in environmental science and agricultural engineering
- Mr. Gabriel Loos, Houston County High – plans to attend Georiga Southern and major in Mathematics with plans to pursue a Ph.D. in that field
- Ms. Miriam Talamantes, Perry High – plans to attend the University of Georgia and major in computer science. She plans to study abroad and participate in the Double Dawgs program to graduate with a Master’s Degree in five years.