Have you seen more people looking at their phones while walking around town?
They may be playing the super hot new Augmented Reality game Pokemon. Pokémon Go creates a huge opportunity for local businesses, and they’re already capitalizing on the app’s wild popularity. Some businesses are paying the app a $10 daily fee to purchases lures, or items that attract users, for their store to drive foot traffic.
Check out this collection of articles and then think how your business can benefit from it.
- Pokemon Go Explained (The Telegraph)
- By the Numbers, Pokemon is Eating the World (itNews)
- Booming Business (NY Post)
- How to Place a ‘Lure’ (iMore)
- ‘Lure’ Customers to Your Business (Forbes)
- Pokemon in Central Georgia (13WMAZ)
- Pokemon Go Good for Small Business (Money)
- Privacy Warning (BuzzFeed)
Is this something your business will utilize? If so, tell us how. We’d love to promote it!