Program participants’ selection should be based on character, interest in the community and the desire to shape ideas and attitudes in others. Participants may or may not be leaders currently, but their teachers and counselors believe they have a great potential to lead in the future.
Please help us thank our sponsors for making this program possible.
Total Computer Solutions.
The Youth Leadership Robins Region Program has six major goals:
- To provide the participants with a greater awareness of contemporary community issues through study of, and interaction with, key centers of community influence.
- To increase the participants’ awareness of the greater needs of the community, its opportunities, problems and resources.
- To strengthen the concept of teamwork in the analysis of problems, formulation of solutions and achievement of common goals.
- To enhance communications skills and cultivate decision-making abilities.
- To emphasize the importance of maintaining an ongoing stream of emerging community leadership so that we are better able to address future challenges and opportunities.
- To provide a vehicle through which the leadership potential of exceptional young people might be recognized by their peers and by existing leaders.
PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM
Youth Leadership Robins Region is open to juniors at Northside High School, Warner Robins High School, Houston County High School, Veterans High School, Houston County Career Academy and homeschooled and private schooled juniors in the Robins Region. A maximum of twenty-six individuals will be appointed to participate in the program.
The program consists of 9 full-day class trips, August, 2020 through April, 2021, to various sectors of influence in the Middle Georgia community in addition to a welcome reception and graduation ceremony. Students are given excused absences from their regular classroom schedules in order to participate in each of the class trips.
Interested students at Northside, Warner Robins, Houston County, Veterans or Westfield Schools may obtain applications from his/her school counselor. Home-schooled or students attending other private institutions may obtain an application from the Robins Regional Chamber of Commerce.
The completed application should be returned to the school counselor to forward to the Chamber prior to May 15th, 2020 to be eligible for the 2020-21 program.
For additional information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 478-922-8585.